Saturday, November 18, 2023

Davidovic's Invade

 We ate some chocolate last night and the caffeine did a number on both of us. We finally just got up and started the day at 4:00 am. I guess old people cant handle chocolate. That extra hour helped though, I got the upstairs cleaned, the sheets on those beds washed, the floors scrubbed and now the upstairs is ready for company. The first floor not so much. I went out to help Mark winterize the 5th wheel. I really wanted to learn how to do the job so watched pretty carefully. The first job was to make sure the tanks were all empty. We worked together on that and it went pretty smoothly. The next job was to empty the water out of the hot water heater. I learned where the plug was and how to get it out. 

The next job was to empty the fresh water tank, since I knew where that was crawled underneath, turned the lever and it crumbled in my hand. I think it was the cold and the age of the plastic thing. It really did just fall apart. Mark had to take it apart to get it off and asked me to find a flat screw driver. Below is the back of his car, that was like finding a needle in a hay stack.
He found the screw driver and got the part off.
Next he used his special attachment to hook the air compressor up to the fresh water intake valve.
Then he turned on the air compressor but had it set to only 30 pounds of pressure so it wouldn't do any damage. I went inside and started opening up the faucets one at a time.
After each was only blowing out air the compressor was turned off. Then it was time to add the antifreeze.
That was added to each sink, the shower and the toilet. My last job was to put all the levers back they way they were for the water heater and put the cover back on. On the way back to the house I noticed all the cars around the barn. All of the Davidovics were here.
I needed to go to the dumpster and had to stop to take a picture of Evan.
I left then to go to Aldi to pick up food for our Sunday dinner tomorrow. It is so handy now that we have an Aldi 10 miles away. When I got back it was time to make lunch. After lunch the hamburger was defrosted enough to brown and 6 pounds of taco meat was made then left to cool. while that was cooling the peppers were cleaned and sliced. One of the hunters staying in the apartment stopped in to show us the buck his son just got. This is his FIRST buck and of course they are going to have it mounted.
I'm not sure how many deer the guys staying in the apartment have gotten but they sure are having a great time. After supper Csilla, Fedi's sister, invited me over to the barn. They wanted a family picture taken and I was glad to do it. They were finishing up supper so I joined them for dessert.

The kids were having a ball playing pickle ball. Ruth said the adults and the kids played all day.

She brought a small bouncy house they also had fun.
Below they are getting ready for the pictures.
Below is the entire family.
To think it all started with Fedi escaping Romania during Ceausescu's reign of terror. Fedi married Ruth then brought his mom over and finally his sister and 2 brothers. My has this family grown. Below is Irma with her grand and great grandchildren.
They had a wonderful time together.




















No comments:

Post a Comment