Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Productive Nov 8th!

 It was warm this morning, much warmer than expected, Diane came out with a winter coat on then realized she should have checked the thermometer. When we reached Joan's house she came out of the garage carrying two hornet nests.

She actually used her gun and shot the larger one down but told us it took quite a few shots, those branches were pretty thin. The larger one was stuck on a branch and when she removed the branch we could see how many layers it had. Joan said it was like a condominium in there. 
Below is the opening for the hornets in the smaller one.
When we reached mom's house the 4 of us (Joan, Diane, Ruth and I) hauled out the sit to stand lift we borrowed from Skyline to try it out.
Mom did not like it so Ruth took it back today. When we crossed the dam I took another picture of the fluffy grass.
Mark was made breakfast after the walk. Diane was with mom today. The day was so nice they were sitting out on the deck. I went over to visit a bit and was telling them about the old lady that came to apply for the apartments and when I looked at her application she was 4 years younger than me. I was telling them how old this lady looked. Mom started laughing and retorted, "have you looked in the mirror lately?"
She was laughing so hard she could hardly get the words out. Yep we both had to laugh. I really AM getting old.
I had to be at the cardiologist at 12:45 pm at the Methodist atrium. Not knowing where that was I went a little early and was glad I did, it took a while to find the right floor and the right room.
I was supposed to meet the surgeon today but instead met Heather the Physician's assistant and I really liked her. She did not waste my time and told me to come back in 3 years. On the way out I noticed the Skyline van parked near my car and was pretty sure Karen Hofstetter was more than likely in the building.  Tonight after church I asked her and yes it was her taking residents to their appointments.
I made it home by 2:30. Mark wanted to clean out Evan's paddock and put in lime. After that job went to work with Mackenson splitting wood but Mike showed up with the post hole digger and dug 2 fencepost holes for the paddock that got damaged when the tree fell. Mike also got Valiant's electric fence working again. Below is a video of some of the work today.
Evan was watching everything Mark did. He worked hard on building those piles of manure and now Mark was removing them.
Lea came over to see what was happening.
Lea was taken out to the round pen and worked with a bit then saddled and bridled. Rebekah arrived about 4:00 pm to work with her. We started in the round pen, moved to the outdoor arena and finished up walking around the field, walking over to the field by Joan's house, some work there then walking home. Lea is still anxious but did much better today. She was worked with on Monday and remembered almost everything. 
If you would like to see the rest of the pictures taken of Lea today click HERE below is the video of a bit of the field work.
One not good thing is Lea is starting to act like she is in season. She was supposed to be bred due May 4th. Tomorrow I'll need to call the vet clinic and try to get her in for an ultrasound. If she lost the pregnancy we will be very disappointed as we were hoping for a filly not related to our stallions. She was put away, Rebekah went over to Joan's for a visit and I went in to get ready for church. Tonight Gregg Rumbold had the message on coincidents. It isn't up yet with video but when it is I'll post it here.  After church we went to Culvers for a late supper. There were a lot of us there. Jim shared some of his pictures from the Blue Angels. He got some AMAZING shots. I hope he will share them so some can be posted. They really are the best action shots I've EVER seen. 















 

No comments:

Post a Comment