Saturday, January 14, 2023

Lost Frying Pan

 The work day on the barn got cancelled today. The insulators showed up to finish on a Saturday and that meant no one else could work in the barn because of the fumes. Instead I did a little shopping on line, actually on Facebook market place and bought some flooring. The only problem with that is we couldn't pick it up today. It was requested that we come on Sunday and I had to tell the seller that just doesn't work. Instead Mark and I will travel to Mount Vernon, IA to the college there with the truck and horse trailer Monday leaving here at 12:30 pm. It is 159 miles away and the earliest we could be there if we wanted help loading was at 3:15 pm. Yes we want help loading. This morning Indy's colt was led over to another stall so his could be cleaned. 


He is getting the leading part quickly.  Once the stall was ready for him, he was tied and Tessa his half sister was brought in. Indy's colt was not eating any grain and the hope is that Tessa will teach him grain is good. He was very glad to be with her but she was not quite as happy.
She wanted to be back outside with Valerie. She remembered the colt though and didn't pick on him much. 
She went over to the grain bucket and he followed her. He is quite a bit taller and stockier than Tessa even though he is 2 and a half months younger.
She settled down to eat the grain and he very carefully checked her out.
IN the video below it shows him touching her and she lifts her leg but does not kick out. He is respectful and backs away.
She was more than happy to have the grain bucket by herself.
I went back in the house so the laundry could be done but kept them on the monitor. They were happy eating together.
Tomorrow they can join Valerie outside. I needed to run in to Peoria to pick up some cash for the flooring as Monday the banks are closed because of the holiday. When I got back the trailer was hooked up to the truck and the trailer given a good cleaning. That was finished about the time the insulators ran out of foam and had to leave. They will have to come back on Monday to finish. We stacked more wood on the porch. Berlica stopped in to show me her find. She found this out by the mail boxes. There was a name on it under the towel.

Joan took a couple pictures of it and posted it on Hanna City Happenings Facebook page that if they could give her the correct name she would return it. I think the owner responded. 
I wanted to brown 6 pounds of ground beef for tomorrow's haystack meal but couldn't find my big frying pan. I ended up needing to use my small pan and browning 2 pounds at a time which took 3 times as long. Just not very efficient. I have no idea where I left that big frying pan but for sure it is not in any of my cupboards. 











No comments:

Post a Comment