Thursday, January 19, 2023

A TOY!

When I walked out the door for the walk this morning the fog was thick. The picture below is looking South toward Evan's paddock and pasture and the new barn.

The insulators finished up yesterday and I was a few minutes early so went into the barn to check out their work then walked out the front door. The motion light turned on as I was leaving the building.
Right then Diane called. She had come out a little early and started walking toward our house while I walked out the back of the barn.  Ruth arrived a little late. She pointed out a Baltimore Oriel nest near Rachel's house. 
We finished the walk at mom's. I went in to visit a bit before heading home.
Last week our broom handle broke and since I wanted to order a new broom for the house I decided to also order a new push broom. The barn push broom is just wearing out. The bristles have been falling out and the handle is bent. I wanted one with good stiff bristles for the barn aisles.  The notice came yesterday that a package was waiting for us at the post office which were for sure the brooms. The company that put the electric garage door for the big barn was sending a man out to put in a motor and he thought he would be here around 9:30 am so when I left mom's house I went straight to the barn and turned on the lights. When I got to the post office I was shocked at the tiny package. The man coming called about then he couldn't find the right door. He was at the wrong barn, he had driven up to the indoor arena. Since I was just 3 minutes away he was told to just wait there and he could follow me to the right barn.
After getting him set the package was taken home and opened. 
Two small boxes were inside the box. One held the kitchen broom and the other a toy push broom.
The push broom is much smaller than that kitchen broom and has soft bristles. No way will it work for a barn. I just started laughing. OK, no more ordering sight unseen. Sure hope I can get Mark to stop at Home Depot of Menards to pick up a 'real' push broom. Now which little girl would enjoy a fancy push broom? We had a gray day with rain and wind. A perfect day to stay home and do 4 loads of laundry. While the machines were going AC Central was turned on. I listed to Fred Witzig in Morton for ACYF April 24th, 2022. This is well worth the time to listen so downloaded the message and posted it on youtube.
Mark came home a little early. He stopped at Kroger and picked up a ham and mini potatoes. I'll serve that to the volunteers for Saturday lunch. It was such a nasty day outside that we had chili for supper.



No comments:

Post a Comment