Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Fun Memories

 Diane, Ruth and I walked this morning, Joan was leaving for Bluffton so skipped the walk to get ready. Blueberry needed to be moved into the middle paddock as the waterer wasn't working in the paddock she was in. Mike was called and he fixed it this afternoon. I needed to be at mom's by 8:00 am so Diane and I finished the walk at mom's house. She was up and waiting for breakfast.  We have those farm fresh eggs from Tina Davidovics so breakfast was eggs, bacon and toast. Rachel called after breakfast and updated mom on what's been happening in Gulf Shores. When Karin came home I left to go to Diane's office to balance the Horsemeister check book and run the end of the year financials for our Tax Man Russ Rumbold. We lost money this year in Horsemeister. I think this is the first time that has ever happened but we had so many losses. I can't complain though as this company belongs to our heavenly Father. The horses all belong to Him and we are to just do the best we can caring for them. It was raining most of this morning and all afternoon. It was even raining when we left for church. A cold rain as our temps were around 34 and 35 all day.  Thankfully it was ALL rain. Just North of us it was all snow. The insulators arrived and we think finished the barn today. I didn't take any pictures today but will post some fun pictures of our last Horsemeister performance when we did the Wizard of Oz. 










We sure had fun but I don't think I would have the energy to work that hard anymore.  I'm very thankful for the memories. The rain is supposed to continue tomorrow then get cold. We have been blessed so far with a mild January. Tonight Tim Roecker had the message at church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment