Saturday, January 7, 2023

5 Star

It was pretty cold when we woke up so together brought in three loads of wood for the wood burner. Mark got a nice fire going. This morning was the funeral for Kent Steffen. Mark and I were supposed to go except I could not stop coughing. Mark ended up going by himself. The funeral and visitation were very well attended but was so sad for Joanne. Oh how we pray for her. Craig Stickling started the funeral, Tim Funk had the main part then Dave Obergfel finished with Mike Kaisner having the final prayer. It really was a special service, the singing was just beautiful and Kent was an amazing servant of Jesus. The funeral is now on line and if you missed it you can watch it by clicking HERE. Diane stayed with mom this morning, I made chicken salad and took that over for lunch. After lunch I went to Aldi to pick up a few items for our Sunday dinner. When I got back Taegan and Kensley were here and helped make the dessert for that dinner. Phil and Anna were working on the barn and Braelyn was busy cleaning the apartment from our guests last night.  Speaking of those guests, they came in late and left early this morning. We never saw them and even wondered if they had made it so later I drove up and checked. The beds were both messed up but everything else looked nice and clean.  There were 3 of them and they had 3 pets so I expected to see a mess. While there I worked with Tessa and Valerie. Both of these fillies are doing very well. I need to get to Middle Grove to pick up Indy and her colt for weaning but this last week was just too busy. Monday would work if the weather co-operates.  Ten years ago I took 4 mares back to Middle Grove and happened to have my video camera with me. I let them go and climbed to the top of the hill to video the herd coming to meet them. Only after I went to edit the video did I realize I had forgotten to take their halters off.  I remember heading  back the next day to remove them before they lose them.  
We are always short of halters.   Ten years later we still have a herd and a lot of those same horses are still with us but some are now missing.  Of course Sangria was the very first mare my eyes fell on.   She, in her gray coat and winging gate was my first Andalusian and was such a wonderful gift from God.  We found a wonderful retirement home for her. When we first talked about taking the horses to Middle Grove we were worried they would turn wild. Nope that never happened, they love people. The video below was 8 days ago. 

Still in the same fields but that day they were not under the trees.
Missy dropped for a roll as I was leaving.
This evening we have been enjoying the heat from the wood burner. Mark is looking through the new price book from Trane. A 5 STAR review came in from the guest from last night. After our first 13 hour leg of a cross-country trip, Judy’s place was exactly what we and our pets needed! Comfortable, clean, private, it was perfect. If we ever drive across the country again we would stay here in a heartbeat. “Thanks Judy! We appreciated a big quiet space for our dogs! Your place was the perfect stop after a very long day.” 





No comments:

Post a Comment