Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Cousin Lake Day

We had big storms again last night that dropped almost 2 inches of rain on our already saturated fields.  The transport company for Marika met me at the water tower at 12:45 am. It was pouring down rain. I tried to snap a picture for the owner but in the rain and dark this was the best I could do. The trailer was a big 10 horse semi trailer. Marika had a big stall in the back. She was glad there were other horses aboard.
More storms are predicted tonight. There has never ever been a year like this before. This morning the apartment was worked on and the laundry done. All the girls (except Taunya who still lives in Texas) came today with my grand children to have a lake day. They found a big fat toad to play with.
 Evan Iris had fun today laughing and playing with her mama's shoes.
 We got a picture of them all on mom's porch swing.
 The toad was put under the blue bucket and each time he would hop the bucket would move. We had fun trying to figure out which direction he would hop. 

 The littlest grand child is Eden and she slept most of the time. She is such a good baby.
 After a fun day they all came over to the house for ice cream cones. 
I left for Aldi to pick up a queen size air bed that includes a pump. I just need to pick up 4 D batteries. We have two fathers and their two boys coming in later in June and they would like 4 beds.  A long train blocked the tracks on the way to Aldi so long that I kept falling asleep while waiting for it to pass after that interrupted nights sleep. 
Mark had me bring his church clothes tonight as he had a late estimate. Mike Kaisner had the message.
The horses were fed and stalls cleaned and now I'm more than ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment