Thursday, November 15, 2018

Two Loads of Sand

We were both shocked this morning when we looked outside. We were in the middle of a snow storm.  I took the picture below before our walk.
The snow was coming down in big fat flakes and we already had a couple inches on the ground. Walking while snowing is so peaceful and quiet. The snow deadens the sound. 
Diane is leaving for Gulf Shores tomorrow trying to escape this weather. The rest of us need to be content to live with this weather. Hoerr vet clinic was called to make an appointment to have Dr. Hoerr come out for a couple ultrasounds and health papers for those foals leaving soon. He is coming Tuesday the 20th in the afternoon.  The main roads were plowed but our drives out here in Meisterville were not. Sarah needed me to meet Kensley's bus at 11:00 and I was thankful for the 4 wheel drive and wonderful tires (thanks to Riekers) on the old truck and that is what I drove over to meet the bus.  Kensley was brought back here as I was waiting for sand to be delivered for the indoor arena. She had fun playing with the pirate stuff while waiting for the sand.
Jay Wettstein from Kickapoo Sand and Gravel delivered around noon. Kensley had fun playing in the sand while I got the horses fed. 
The second load was brought less than a couple hours later.  At that point Sarah was back so I took Kensley back. On the way home a big box was leaning up against the mail boxes, instead of driving off and leaving it I stopped, loaded it into the truck. It was addressed to Rachel and was taken to mom's then Rachel called to tell her it was there.  Then I went to work, spreading the sand with the skid steer all over the arena floor. I finished that right as Mark got home from work. Mom invited us along with Rachel and David over for a roast dinner. Dinner was wonderful, especially since I didn't have to make it.  Sarah dropped off Zion while we were eating at mom's so she could take Braelyn, Taegen and Kensley to the Farnington library were they were holding a program for kids and each child got to take home a free book.  We were letting Zion play with mom's antique chair (the one she got when she was 1 year old) but Zion was climbing on it backwards and I thought she might fall. I showed her how to sit on it and she thought she was in time out and was so sad.
She never cried, grandma picked her up before the tears started. The rest of the evening was spent working on the current puzzle mom has set up. Sarah sent a text when she was on the way back and Zion was driven back in the old truck. The one with the great tires. By the way, those tires are probably more valuable then the entire truck but I will keep that truck running as long as those tires are on it.  I NEVER get stuck when driving that truck. Below are the actual tires the day I bought them November 9th, 2016 and they are STILL GREAT! They will probably outlast the truck.

Natalie Harrison messaged me that Heidi is now sold and will be traveling to Utah on Sunday.
The internet is amazing. Natalie needed to sell and someone from Utah needed a mare.

No comments:

Post a Comment