Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Natalie's Mare For SALE SOLD!

UPDATE  Heidi FOUND A HOME!  She is traveling all the way to UTAH! I was contacted this morning by Natalie Harrison about a mare she needs to sell. Natalie owns the gorgeous Friesian stallion Albert.  I've known Natalie since 2002 when she worked at the University of Illinois and helped care for my Lily. In 2002 when Lily was 8 months old she came down with EPM and spent 10 days there in the large animal hospital.  Natalie gave Lily such good care that not only did she survive this horrible disease, she went on to become my absolute best brood mare.  Now Natalie needs help.  Natalie writes: My business partner and friend Dr. Monfort passed away a few weeks ago and I find myself needing to downsize horses.  If you know anyone looking to buy a sweet, beautiful Friesian/Standardbred (50/50) mare please let me know.  She is 7 years old, solid black and Amish broke to drive. Her name is Heidi and she is not registered.  Heidi is a VERY nice mover. She had a beautiful colt in 2017 and was a wonderful mother. My plan was to breed her to Albert and put her under saddle for trails but I can't afford to do that anymore and she is too nice of a mare to stand around. She is current on vaccines, de-worming, farrier and dental care. She is for sale for only $5000.00 and I'm hoping to find her a forever home.


Natalie also shared this: There is absolutely no problems with her. She had a May foal in 2017 and the Doc and I were struggling to keep up with our heavy clinic case load while significantly under staffed. His health started to decline that summer and we just didn't have time to breed her back. Doc was sick this entire breeding season and I have been caring for him 24/7.  I didn't want the responsibility of a foal when I knew he wouldn't live long. His health was my number 1 priority. 
Heidi DRIVES!  She is bomb proof and anyone who enjoys driving would LOVE taking Heidi out for a drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment