Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Snow Day

We awoke to -2 degrees and 4-5 inches of snow. As soon as it was light enough to see I had to snap a few pictures before Emma went outside and messed all that beauty up.

 Below the sky is just starting to go pink in the sunrise.
The camera was put away and the pans brought out to cook Mark breakfast before the walk. He was going to need some warm food before he started shoveling. By the time of our walk it was 2 above zero, a real heat spell. I wish though that I had taken the camera on the walk. The sun hitting the snow covered limbs and grasses was gorgeous, sparkling like millions of diamonds. The two pictures below were taken with my phone and just can't capture the true beauty. Diane had to bump into each branch that was so weighed down, the snow would fly off and the branch would flip up. We walked around watching them bounce up and down as she thumped each one.

We did the barn drive first so I could check on all the waterers. Thankfully they were all opened. I quit not even doing one round as today is Berean day and I wasn't sure how long it would take me to drive in to Peoria to TEMCO to pick up the Berean mail. To read about our morning there click HERE.
As soon as I got home from work I headed out to the barn to start moving bales. Valiant needed a new bale as did Jenis and the weanlings.  I had just finished Valiant's bale when Mark arrived to start plowing the drives. He helped move the second bale in before getting into the skid steer to start plowing. Thankful for his help it goes much faster with 2 of us working. The horses were grained then I went in to warm up. We are expecting more snow tonight so more wood was brought inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment