Friday, February 2, 2018

Cardiologist Appointment

We had another very cold morning. We all quit after one round as today was Nancy Herman's funeral. Mom and Diane were going early to help and Joan had co-op with her 3 younger children.
It was too cold to really work horses so instead I turned on AC Central to listen while the laundry and housework was done. Dan stopped in with Diesel around lunch time. Check out the size of Diesel in the picture below, he is the dog on the left with Emma on the right. Diesel is a Great Dane while Emma is an English Mastiff. Emma outweighs him but not by that much. As Diesel get's older he is definitely putting on weight.
 Above and below Dan is asking them to sit and watch.
 They were asked to lay down and stay and they did. 
 I had to leave around 1:00 pm for a visit with Dr. Radee my cardiologist. I thought I would go in there and wow them all with my progress but that didn't happen. Instead I was pretty disappointed when told he needs to start me on a new medicine. My blood pressure was a little high but my heart rate was too low. He wants to see me again in 6 months and here I thought I was done with the heart doctors.  Dr. Radee wanted to add something to drop the blood pressure but keep the heart rate up. They ordered it at CVS, the one near Madison Park and told me it would be waiting but when I got there they said they weren't quite done, it would be another 5-10 minutes. They ONLY had to count out 30 pills but after a half hour the Pharmacist  walks up to me and asks, "who are you waiting for?" When I exclaimed, "ME, I'm waiting for MY prescription." She finally went to work counting out those 30 pills. Inefficiency just may cause my heart to start beating faster so maybe it was all in their plan, forget the pills just make me wait.  Mark was already home waiting for me to get ready to pick up Phil and Anna's girls for our trip to Riverplex. The girls had a great time going down the water slides, playing the water playground, and floating in the lazy river. We played for almost 2 hours before going into the locker room for our shower. Below the 3 girls are each drying their own hair.
By this time it was after 7:00 pm and the girls were starving. We stopped at Wendy's, ordered chicken nuggets and fries for them and taco salad for us. For dessert they each got a small frosty which they all pretty much scarfed down.They are going to be more than ready for bed and so are we.

No comments:

Post a Comment