Friday, November 20, 2015

UpDating

Sarah showed up at 5:00 am. She dropped off Nolan at a hunting spot at the far edge of the property along the 50 foot strip then came in for some coffee. I was suppose to leave by 5:55 am to pick up Israel and she offered to do it. She didn't even know my glasses were lost and I don't like to drive in the dark without them, she just offered. What a great daughter! Israel and I had fun today, he helped feed the horses and played with the cats in the barn. At least he had fun until grandma scared him. While he was playing with the cats, I decided to give Zoey a grooming to get her ready for the pick up tomorrow by her owner. I reached down to pick up a back leg and Zoey kicked out. Instantly, without thinking I let out a yell like the world was coming to an end so Zoey would know that is NOT acceptable behavior. Israel heard me yelling like a banshee and started crying. I'm softly telling Zoey, "it's ok!" while telling Israel, "grandma's ok, she's not mad" but I couldn't leave Zoey until she let me handle and pick up each hoof without reacting, all the while softly telling Israel don't cry, grandma will be right out. Note to self *don't start foal instructions when babysitting*
The stalls were cleaned then Israel brought in for a nap.
This evening I figured out how to update the website on this old laptop and did it. I had to mark 2 horses sold. If I ever get the main computer back I'll have to remember to transfer files from here to there.

No comments:

Post a Comment