Thursday, November 5, 2015

Halfway Hauling

The morning was beautiful. So beautiful that the phone rang at 6:30 am scaring me when I saw the call was from mom. She just wanted me to look at the sky. We had beautiful cotton candy pink clouds against a light blue sky, with the lake reflecting the beautiful colors and this just had to be shared. We had a quick walk, as all of us had much to do before the real start of the day.
We were swamped at Bereans, to read about our day click HERE.
I had to leave around 1:00 pm to drive to Middle Grove, pick up Soul and haul her to Carlock for Rhoda. Just as I arrived at the Middle Grove turn off the rain started. I got to the gate, hopped out of the truck and went to open the gate while the rain was coming down more than a sprinkle but still not a downpour. A car pulled up that looked very familiar and when they rolled down the window it was John and Beth with a grand son or 2 in the back. They asked if I needed help but I turned them down, no sense in them getting wet too. I drove the truck and trailer back to the big field and thankfully the horses were in sight, they came running to meet me with Soul and Ripper in the lead. Soul was grabbed and taken to the trailer. When the other horses saw me just take her they all stopped to stare, only Ripper followed me to the trailer.
 Soul was loaded in the side door so I could keep Ripper out of the trailer. If the back door would have been open he would have jumped inside. The picture above and below were taken while I was standing in inside of the truck trying to stay out of the rain. Above it hadn't started raining too hard but below the rain was coming down harder washing the color out.
My tires aren't the best and even with the 4 wheel drive engaged, the truck still slipped a bit trying to get out of the field onto the road. By the time I was heading down 116 the rain was coming down in earnest. Rhoda was called to cancel the second phase of this trip. Soul was just taken to the Hanna City farm and put in with Roxanne and Rosaleigh where she went right to work teaching them herd manners. The first thing they did was run right up to her sticking their faces where they shouldn't, Soul whirled and gave one of them a solid kick shocking these 2 uneducated fillies and teaching them about herd manners. Hopefully Soul will also teach them to go INSIDE during the rain. We are expecting more rain tonight. And now for a little soothing entertainment. This video was taken of the beautiful fall colors on Grandview Drive in Peoria by Neil Larimore with his drone.

No comments:

Post a Comment