Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Jewel's Colt

After the late night last night with Ella foaling it was kind of hard to haul myself out of bed but Emily has promised to help early this morning with video taping Jewel's colt for a prospective buyer. I thought I'd be waking her at 6:15 am but she was outside waiting for me. Jewel's colt has springs for legs. Check out the short video made this morning.
The lady interested bought his full sister last year and wondered if he could possibly have as good as movement as she does. Yes, I would say he does. A few pictures were taken for the website. He is way off the ground in the picture below.

If she does buy him she would have a matched pair and she is into driving competitively probably would win everything she entered with this flashy movement.
Ella's colt was doing well this morning, he is nursing well and is a strong colt, running around the stall. Ella had delivered the placenta and all looked well. They were left stalled. After the walk Emily and I went to the Berean office to finish entering the letters. There were over 300 requests that came in on Tuesday. Not sure what tomorrow will bring but it will be another big week for Bible distribution. Kathy mentioned that we could really use another letter reader so tonight at church I asked Marie if she would be willing to switch jobs to help out with reading.
Speaking of church David Obgerfel had the service.  He opened to Nehemiah 6 where the bad guys were trying to get Nehemiah from finishing the wall. Mackenson was there and likes to learn about the bad guys and how they LOSE. The second opening was II Timothy 3. Amazing how well these 2 chapters mesh. That chapter happens to have one of my favorite verses: Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
This verse helped me get through college, helped me when I worked at the hospital and helped me raise my 5 children. Each time things would seem to get too hard this is one of those special verses God would bring to my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment