Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Pregnant x 2

Sarah came down to Meister's with me to help UPS out 26 boxes of Bibles to chaplains waiting for them. I had to be back at the farm by noon as Dr. Hoerr was coming for ultrasounds. First mare done was Flower, Laura's few spot Appaloosa mare. We were pleased to announce to Laura that Flower was pregnant. Evan is the sire of Flower's expected foal April 2016. Next to be sonagramed was Oksana.
I missed her again! She had just ovulated. Bummer we will have to wait a couple weeks before trying to breed her again. Zalena was next and she is pregnant.
She was bred to Valiant and is due April 29th, 2016. She and her filly Zoey will be hauled out to Middle Grove on Friday. We are still working on getting Sangria and Jurista to cycle together so both of them were sonagrammed. Our plan now is to take them to Dr. Hoerr's on Friday the 12th sonagram both, give them a shot then have semen shipped from the Andalusian stallion Glorosio in on Monday or Tuesday.
The last mare looked at was Sheena. All is well with her and she can be covered tomorrow. Before we took the mares and foals back out to the paddocks I pulled hair on the 3 of them, Sangria's colt, Sheena's colt and Zalena's filly, for the registration papers. We still need to pull hair on Emma's colt and Ribbon's filly then will send in that batch.  The hay for sale is now all spoken for. I had a lady and her dad show up to buy 8 bales. They would like to buy what ever is left but I promised someone else they could buy 12 on Friday and another person 4 on Friday.
Diane drove to church tonight. Tim Funk had the service. After church was over Diane looked at her phone and I looked at my phone and we both had messages. Diane had someone call to rent her condo while I had a message that the lady from Alabama would like to buy Ribbon's filly. She said she will paypal the deposit tonight and I would mark her sold as soon as that comes but am too tired to wait up. If it does come I'll mark her sold tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment