Saturday, May 2, 2015

Flower

Yesterday there was a knock on the door but when I looked out the window no one was there. When the door was opened there tied to the door knob was a beautiful bouquet of flowers.
Only then did I remember it was May Day. When we were young mom would have us pick wild flowers, make them into bouquets and put them on all the doors of our small neighborhood. We thought we were so sneaky, knocking and running but I'm sure all the neighbors knew exactly who was doing this. This week I'm blessed by getting to spend time with every one of our grandchildren. Friday I got to spend the day with Israel, today Braelyn, Taegan and Kensly and tomorrow Ben and Taunya are coming to visit bringing Addyson, Jack and Jace. I believe all of them will be here tomorrow. 
Today was busy. Prissy's colt was checked first thing and there was no new diarrhea. Emily helped get him cleaned up. We flushed his IV but did not give him any fluids. He is running, bucking and even grazing a bit. Prissy's udder has been nursed flat. This boy is hungry! I snapped the picture below after he had a good nurse and was ready to take a nap.
Then it was time to tease and cover mares. Lola was teased by Evan and she did not show at all so she was put back. Lily was still in and covered by Valiant. Justin, Emily's brother spent the night and he was going to ride Lola on the trails but as he was walking her by Killian she started to show. Justin ran and got Emily who brought Killian out and she was covered. Karin arrived for the trail ride and decided she would take Piper on the trails. Piper has never been ridden on them. Emily decided to work Kenzie and Justin took Jenis.



Joan dropped Hannah off to help get the upstairs cleaned up today. It was more than time to sweep up  the thousands of lady bugs. I ran into Hanna City to deposit the deposit for Indy's filly and on the way home stopped at Phil and Anna's to pick up the 3 girls. They had so much fun today playing with the new toys from yesterday.



The toy puppies, kitties and unicorns were all lined on a tub. Emma wanted to play with them so badly but these were not for her and she was told, "no!" She sat down and just looked longingly at us to change our mind. 
As Hanna City was holding their garage sales today Joan and mom went shopping. They found a couple sets of queen size sheets which I'd told people to watch for. The bottom sheet we were using had a big hole down by my feet so I turned it around and then it had a big hole up by Mark's head. I thought that would work for a while. What is sad is that is the third sheet that ended up with a big hole down by my feet. I was buying those real expensive queen size sheets sets at Sam's Club but after replacing the bottom sheet twice it was time to go another route. I figure if they have already worn well for one family they will surely wear better for me. 
We had a gorgeous few spot Appaloosa mare come in today for breeding to Evan. She is from Missouri and will stay here until sonagrammed in foal. They call her Flower. I wanted to get the owner's cell phone number so had her call my phone and leave a brief message. I had left the phone in the house so didn't check it until later. When I got the phone there is no missed call, no number to save but I had a voicemail saying, "this is Laura." Bummer now I have to hope she calls me soon. 
At 2:30 pm Karin helped me take the IV out of Prissy's colt. He no longer needs fluids and is feeling fine. His tail is clean, no new diarrhea. 
Mark worked on the siding most of the day and is very close to finishing the addition part. After dinner he decided he needed another job and started mowing the yard finishing that by dark. 








No comments:

Post a Comment