Friday, December 21, 2012

Dee & Olympia

The doctor's office ordered Malaria medicine that must be picked up on our way to Phil and Anna's. My cell phone rang while I was shopping and this was an unusal call. A trucking company from Colorado had a semi loaded with oats go into the ditch last night during the storm. The owner of the company starts the conversation with this question, "Do you feed oats to your horses?" She wanted the driver to drive to Bridlewood and dump the oats on the ground. As I was already at a hardware store I purchased a big tarp and heavy duty garbage bags and told the lady I would meet the driver at the barn. The driver called back just a few minutes later explaining these oats were frozen to the sides and bottom of the trailer and the only way to get them out was to hose them out with hot water. Hot water would ruin the oats so he was told not to come. Oh well, I'm sure I can find a use for a 12x16 tarp sometime. Dee, Olympia's owner stopped in to visit her filly. A few pictures had to be taken first inside and then out in the snow.
Olympia is quickly growing out of her halter. The laundry is just about finished and the presents for tonight are now wrapped. Time to bake the yeast rolls for the dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment