Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Clara and Colt to Idaho

The transport company got here a little after 4:00pm. They prepared the trailer with soft new bedding and both horses just loaded right up.
This morning getting my tires fixed and put back on, the message comes that the transport company will be here TODAY instead of Friday. Took a quick trip to Hoerr Vet clinic to pick up the health papers, then home to give the 2 horses baths. Now I remember why we have BLACK horses instead of WHITE horses. It took a long time to getr Clara looking good. Then it was inside to work on the rest of the registration papers for the colt. Once they were drying it was down to TSC. Rhoda went with me to pick up 10 bags of bedding for Samantha but by that time it is after 3:00 and I'm worried the shippers will be here early, the 10 bags of equine fresh was paid for then it was time to wait and wait and wait for the lady to get them out of the warehouse. I was so nervous of the time that by the time she brought over the fork lift with the pallet of pine fresh, I was picking them up and throwing them in the car as fast as possible.
We made it home in time!
The best news today was Steven found my glasses. I'll have them tomorrow. they were lost yesterday when we were at Middle Grove, then at 4:15am this morning I'm driving to the farm in the dark without my glasses.
Karin showed up at the farm for vaulting and called to tell me that Samantha is again dripping Milk so after church I'll head out to the farm to test her. Funny, I was going to take a nap today, perhaps I'll still have time to fit one in before church.

No comments:

Post a Comment