Friday, September 25, 2026

Good Eating Fish

 I started before breakfast on the barn as the guests left at 6:30 am. I was able to get a couple loads of sheets done and the king bed made before stopping to cook. After breakfast I needed to get right back at it. The freezing compartment in the fridge needed cleaning big time but first I had to melt all the ice off, there must have been spills then water spilled on top. Mark came over to help and did some of the sweeping. I worked until 2:30 before I felt the barn was ready for company. Sarah and Rhoda were here working the horses while I was working at the barn. Sarah sent some video. Below Tessa is learning about saddles. 

She is not near as willing as Harli to accept something on her back. Today Rhoda taught Harli to turn on the forehand on both directions under saddle.

Zion decided to work with Merlin. She asked him to pick up his feet today and didn't even have a halter on him. She haltered him herself then all the other grandkids came over to also work with Merlin. He really is a favorite here.

Today I found out all of the paper work I did and mailed out for the FHHI registry will have to be redone. The check mailed out had to have a stop order on it. I sent a message to the lady I mailed everything to and asked her to just throw it all away. The registry is splitting up and in order for me to get last year's papers I need to send everything to the new address. The good news with that is it should no longer take months to get the registration papers back. I'll need to get more hair pulled and get them sent in tomorrow hopefully. I was able to download and get the new addresses and the lady handling them assured me she had last years ready to go out. It rained most of today, not a hard rain but pretty steady. It stopped after supper so Mark and I went out to move in a couple round bales. It is now getting dark earlier and by 7:00 pm the moon was out. The barn lights were turned on.
I was down by the gate ready to open it while Mark was in the barn in the picture above. Below he is bringing the bale.
The mares heard the tractor and came galloping up. By the time he got the bale in they were ready to eat. They have their entire pasture but they really like this hay. We moved a bale in for Valiant next. He wasn't out but by the time he is out more rain will be moving in. The moon was behind some clouds but still very bright by the time we finished.
Ruth sent a picture from Gulf Shores. They are up on the 10th floor in mom's Island Royal condo and even though it wasn't dark the moon was reflecting on the Gulf water.
Such a beautiful view. The group down there have been doing a lot of fishing and catching LOTS of all kinds of good eating fish. 








No comments:

Post a Comment