Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Safety Net UP

 No walk the rest of this week. Ruth and Fedi joined Diane and Mike, Rachel and David and Beth and Greg at Gulf Shores.  Spark and Rhonda are in Colorado this week. I left for the Berean office at 8:00 am. Skip had already arrived and Bruce walked in right after me. We had plenty of mail this morning for all of us to keep busy. Marvin came in with a box of delicious looking vine ripened tomatoes from his garden to share.

Below Marvin and Kathy are hard at work with the letters. Marvin is always given the job to look up missing information. We are thankful there is internet at this office.
Below they are just finishing up with the studies and the Bibles.
Then came the treat. Shirley baked a chocolate cake for us and we had some left over pumpkin cake.
Today is Shirl's birthday but she couldn't come so we called her and sang happy birthday to her. Vonnie was also missing, she just wasn't feeling well. After the car was loaded I drove to the Hanna City post office to drop off the Bibles and studies then over to Tractor Supply Company in East Peoria to pick up some de-wormers and mineral blocks. I spent $127 on the 4 blocks and 5 tubes of Quest de-wormers but all were necessary.
One mineral block was put in the shelter of the mares and foals. Merlin came right over to taste it. His mama, Harli just wanted the salt block.
Two of the mineral blocks were put on the cabin porch for Mike to take out to Middle Grove.
A wonderful picture came in from Anna, the girl training Valerie. 
Love love love seeing Valerie undersaddle. She is 4 years old and should have been started a couple years ago but with mom needing so much care both Valerie and Tessa were just left at Middle Grove. Both of these mares were born in 2022. Sarah came to today, she and her girls cleaned our house again. I walked in and said, "wow" they even vacuumed the bedrooms.  When they finished they went to work with Tessa. Below is River petting Tessa.
Zion is going to be a horse trainer when she grows up so Sarah isn't just working with Tessa she is also training Zion how to train. The video below shows just some of the ground work done before a horse is started under saddle.

It really is a labor of love as it takes hours and hours but we don't regret the time spent, we end up with amazing riding horses.  Jozsef came today to put the net up in the barn. Mark bought the safety net a few months ago but it was too hard for him to put up. We were thrilled when Jozsef said he could do it.
Mark and I worked on repairing the fence line between the mare pasture and the stallion pasture. One of the high tensile strands had broken and the entire line needed to be fixed.

We thought we would be rained out. There were dark clouds lots of lightning and thunder but no rain. I was glad to have the job finished. Right now Evan gets the pasture but next week it will be the mares turn. Tonight more of the shrimp was cooked along with some fish. I'm trying to use up the food in the freezer, well I have to, the fridge is almost empty and I didn't want to go shopping. Below is Mark's plate. 
Joan just sent a message she will be glad to help host the New Year's Eve party this year. I was glad she reminded me and quickly blocked the barn off for that night and for the New Years Day just in case anyone needs to spend the night. Joan's parties usually last all night long!













No comments:

Post a Comment