Friday, September 18, 2026

Dancer Jumps

 I went over at 6:30 am to start cleaning the foaling apartment but the guests were not yet gone. I went back to the house to make a quick breakfast for Mark and I. When I got back to the apartment the middle paddock was empty. The back gate was down and the horses no where in sight. I started searching and found them in the pond pasture so when Mark came over asked him to help get the gate back on. As we were working all 4 of those horses walked back into the paddock to get a drink. We got the gate on then moved a new bale in for them.

Below Mark is taking the skid steer back to the barn.
I went to work on the foaling apartment. Rhoda arrived to work with Tessa but I couldn't watch, as both the apartment and the farm house needed to be flip. Sarah arrived with all of the children, hers and Rhoda's and they started working with Dancer. I stopped to take a few pictures of that. 

Dancer is such a sweet mare.
Sarah even took a picture of Rhoda with her.
Rhoda and Zion decided to go on a trail ride with Dancer and Penny. The trails were wet and kind of slippery as it had rained earlier this morning. Rhoda asked Dancer to trot over a log, she slipped, caught her self and jumped it nicely.

Even Penny jumped that log. We were really pleased at how well Dancer remembered crossing creeks. She did very well on the trail EXCEPT, she wanted to run up the hill. Rhoda did not want her galloping up so made her walk it. Sarah took the video below of the trail ride.

I finished cleaning both the apartment and farm house around 1:30 pm, just in time as the apartment guests showed up just then. They called to see if they could come early. We were a little worried as the drive going up the hill washed out with that 2.4 inches of rain. Mark had been spreading manure but stopped and used the skid steer to drag it and that worked.

As the horses really wanted to graze in the pond pasture I asked Mark to help get the downed fence back up. I loaded up 2 of the 16 foot long boards on the top of the golf cart.
Those were painted for the outdoor arena and not used and were perfect for this job. We had to cut 4 feet off of each one.
As soon as they were up I let the mares out the back. By the time we got back to the house we were both tired and I really didn't want to cook. Mark decided a cobb salad from Gils was the perfect supper and I was more than happy to agree with him.
Our waitress brought us a second bowl but even though we split it we still had some left. We chose not to finish it as dessert waited.
The guests from the apartment and farm house have now arrived. The 3 older Swedish men won't make it here until after 10:00 pm. They will spend one night in the barn then move over to the farm house as soon as the guests today leave and I get it cleaned for them. We turned the barn parking lights, the dining room lights, the gym hall lights and three of the bedroom lights on for them. Hopefully they won't have any problems finding the bedrooms.














No comments:

Post a Comment