Monday, November 23, 2020

Mother Of The Bride Suit

 Well Joan couldn't walk today, she wasn't feeling well and had a doctors appointment to be tested for Covid so was isolating until that happened. Mom, Ruth and I walked to the barn and back. Right after the walk I left for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail then to Sam's club to go grocery shopping for Thanksgiving. Today was the FIRST day I'm out of quarantine! I bought a turkey, fruit, lots of vegetables, and a pecan pie for tomorrow's Berean helpers. From Sam's I went to Berean and worked there until noon. Bill Schick stopped in and needed the office but can't be around anyone yet so I left. There is plenty of work for anyone wanting to help tomorrow. As soon as I got home I started a big pot of creamy chicken and wild rice soup. At 2:00 pm the fire under the pot was turned off and I took the golf cart up to the barn, grabbed Jewel's filly, loaded her and left for Hoerr Vet clinic where she had a 2:45 pm appointment to get her blood drawn for her coggins test.

She stood excellent. Chris came back out and asked "is she a 2020 filly? She is SO tall we thought she might be from last year." Jewel's foals are always impressive.  When I got home Mark was hard at work digging a hole with his mini excavator. 
He was digging it deep enough and big enough to bury the bones from this weekends hunting.
Joan got her tests results back and she WAS positive. With Hannah's wedding this Saturday, she had to have a new mother of the bride outfit. She sent the picture below to all of us to see if we thought it would match the wedding party. 
She won't even have to buy it, Rhonda is sure Spark has an extra one laying around. This wedding planning during a pandemic has been pretty stressful. I really do hope there is a way for Joan to be able to attend her daughter's wedding and if it takes an outfit like this, so be it! They already had to un-invite about 100 guests and cancel the reception the mother of the bride pretty much HAS to be there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment