Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Awful Offal

 We couldn't walk today, it was raining and a cold rain at that as it was only 34 degrees this morning. I had a good morning at the Berean office. There it didn't matter that the rain was coming down. Inside was warm and of course plenty to do. We got 70 Bibles mailed out today and almost 200 studies. I drove mom to Peoria Tire to pick up her car which was getting an oil change. From there I drove to Pekin to buy grain at Stock and Field and also picked up 2 bags of sunflower seeds and 1 case of suet for mom's bird feeders. Aldi is right next door so I stopped there to pick up a few more items for our Thanksgiving dinner. When I got home and as soon as I opened the door I started gagging. Emma had vomited all over the family room floor. I had removed the doggy door when the weather turned cold and was gone too long today. Obviously Emma had gotten into the entrails of the deer carcass, gorged herself, then when it started rotting in her stomach deposited that all over the floor. The floor was cleaned up, scrubbed, sprayed down then fabreezed but that wasn't enough. All the doors were left open to air the house out, more scrubbing and more disinfectant spraying before I quit. Mark walked in a little later and he could STILL smell something bad.  Talk about discouraging. Hunters really really need to do a better job of disposing of the offal. The grain still needed to be unloaded so I went outside in the fresh air to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment