Tuesday, November 10, 2020

2 Months Worth

 I didn't get to walk today instead as soon as mom got her hair brushed I drove to the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail then back to mom's to pick her up. We had a lot of mail at that office today and needed lots of hands to get everything needed done.  On the way to the Berean office we stopped at Sam's club to buy coffee cups, coffee and pie. IF you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. The Bibles and studies were loaded into the car. Mom and I went first to the Peoria post office to drop off the non for profit studies of which we had over 260 then to the Bartonville post office to drop off the 60 Bibles. The reason I hit both is the non for profit MUST go to the Peoria post office but that post office doesn't have a good way to drop off the heavy boxes of Bibles. The Bartonville post office has a loading dock and carts to put the boxes on so we go to both. Mom was taken home then I had to drive to Diane's office to do the bank reconciling. We had 2 months waiting and between the two of us got that done. Mike and Diane are leaving early in the morning for Gulf Shores and will be working from there. I drove straight up to the barn and took care of the weanlings as it was almost 3:30 by that time. The weanlings are doing well. The colts were very glad to see me and both wanted attention.  Hadassah's filly was glad to see me but Jewel's filly was a little standoffish and didn't want me to pet her. I didn't push that today as a big storm was moving in. By the time I got to the house we were having tornado warnings for Hanna City. The wind was shocking, the rain came down in sheets but we had no hail and no tornado. The temperature dropped from 75 degrees to 47 and is predicted to go even lower. That 47 degrees feels like 30 with the wind. Our Indian summer is officially over and it feels like winter has arrived with a vengeance. I'm glad to weanlings are warm and secure inside the stall barn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment