Sunday, November 22, 2020

Maddalen Leaves

 Diane sent the most beautiful picture of the sunrise this morning from her balcony in Gulf Shores.

It was cold and wet here. It had rained during the night.  For church this morning we used Mark's phone and did a go to meeting but also had Facebook live up so we could hear better. We had 3 visiting elders plus Tim our elder speaking. This afternoon the transport for Maddalen called to report they should be here around 4:30 pm. I was glad it would still be light out. They were driving a semi so I took Maddalen to the water tower to meet them.  Mark came with me as I was a little worried about her trying to get up the steep ramp and I thought Mark may need to help with that.  I was wrong. This filly stopped at the ramp waited a few seconds then when I encouraged her to come she walked right up and stood quietly.  Maddalen was given her own box stall. I snapped the picture below for her owner.
There was a Morgan brood mare in to the right side of her and a horse they had picked up in Chicago on the left side of her. She stood quietly and didn't fuss at all while we visited a bit with the transporters. They were very impressed with how well behaved she was for a weanling. Today was another day of hunting. Logan got a really nice buck.
and Clayton got 2 does.
Rachel will have meat this winter.  The venison really helps stretch the food bill in her family. These are young, tender and grain fed and Rachel knows how to cook the meat perfectly. They have been busy butchering today and tomorrow we will bury the carcasses in the manure pile. Today is our 10th day of quarantine. Tomorrow I will head down to the post office to pick up the Berean mail. My first trip into town since the Rona hit. Today I posted our Chevy van for sale. It is $900.00 to insure it for the year and we only used it twice last year. It just doesn't make sense to keep it. I posted it on Facebook market place and have someone wanting to come see it tomorrow. A REALLY nice review came in for Meisters. This one must be posted here:  "Back in June our home's AC went out, and it was the first really hot week of the summer. At first I called up a different guy to look into the issue, and he completely botched diagnosing the issue and charged me for the wrong coolant which he also price gouged. Something seemed off, so I called Meister Heating and AC after hearing how good they were via word of mouth. It was after work hours, so I assumed we were in for at least one more night of sleeping in the heat. The owner, Phil, upon hearing our story, came out that very night to fix the AC because all of his other guys were on jobs. He was quick, professional, and answered all my questions. He went over the costs in detail, which ended up being way cheaper than what the other guy was charging/quoting. In just a few hours he made the repairs and replenished the coolant so my AC was back up and running. I would highly recommend this company to anyone - they went above and beyond my expectations. When your house is as hot as a furnace and the HVAC guy, who doesn't even live close, will leave his family dinner to help you, well, you know you can't get better customer service than that."



No comments:

Post a Comment