Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Noisy Neighbors

 I could only do one round of walk. I needed to leave before 8:00 am so I had time to stop at Sam's club before going to the Berean office. Most of the food for the meal tomorrow at church had already been purchased but today I wanted to pick up the lettuce for the salad, the fruit and the desserts. I sure am thankful for Sam. That Sam fellow is a good cook! I still made it to the Berean office before 9:00 am but almost all the other volunteers were already there hard at work. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. Once the work was finished for the morning we sat at the table eating our rewards and enjoying the fellowship. We were laughing so loud at some of the funny stories that when Joan N came to pick up Bibles studies for grading she could hear the laughter from the parking lot. This group of volunteers are wonderful to work with. Instead of going home when finished I started driving to the barn to unload the groceries when I saw the wheel chair van pulling into the garage. I thought Diane was with mom today so went to help. Joan's van was parked at mom's house. My first thought was Joan must have borrowed Diane's car.  It turned out Joan was with mom and took her to the eye doctor while Diane is with mom tomorrow and taking her to Bible study.  The groceries were unloaded at the barn then finally around 12:30 pm I made it home to make breakfast for lunch. I had not taken the time to eat breakfast so made eggs for lunch.  Mark got home from work and the afternoon was so nice out he picked up Mackenson and they split wood for an hour and a half.  I was in the house when I heard the new noisy neighbors arrived. They are transient but took up residence in the woods by our house. 

There really were thousands of them.

Mike got both of his Thoroughbred mares in the outdoor arena now that the mud is drying up. They were SO glad to get out.
Mike took the video below a month ago when he went out to Middle Grove to put bales out for the horses. They heard him arrive and came running down to greet him.
When we first decided to move the horses to Middle Grove years ago we were worried they might become wild. Were we ever wrong. They love living out there but are always glad to see us.

No comments:

Post a Comment