Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Giselle Leaves

We had a hilarious walk, laughing so hard we had a tough time getting any where and it all had to do with mom's tooth, roses, Todd Stoller, her dentist, her trip to Gulf Shores and the psychiatrist. I'm not allowed to write about what happened when mom tried to break off the stem of one of her roses and when that wouldn't break how she didn't want to go inside to get a knife or scissors so used the next best thing which broke. I'm not allowed to write about her panicked call to the dentist or what the dentist asked her. Nope I can't write about any of it but it was so funny that if you know my mom, you HAVE to ask her. I promise this story will send you into gales of laughter. Not that we are laughing AT mom, we were all laughing WITH her this morning.
I left the walk after one round so I could get to the Berean office in time. Two of the volunteers were already there waiting when I arrived. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE.
Right after lunch I left, stopped at Sam's Club to pick up a big bag of dog food for Emma then drove straight to Phil and Anna's to pick up Kensley.  Kensley was a big help this afternoon. She helped with the feeding, shutting gates when I needed them shut and helped keep the weanlings occupied while I treated Galena's filly. The transport company called to report they would be here earlier than the expected time of 6:00 pm. They also told me they were driving a big semi. As soon as I heard that I told the driver I would bring Giselle to the water tower and meet them there. Giselle was brought inside and the mud hosed off her hooves then put in a stall. The trailer was hooked up to the truck and cleaned out. At 4:55 pm, Giselle was loaded and taken to the water tower. When the rig arrived I had to ask, "isn't this a little over kill?  This HUGE semi to pick up one yearling filly.
 Above Giselle is still in the 2 horse waiting patiently to be unloaded and below the drivers are putting down the ramp. 
 She needed a little encouragement to walk up the ramp but after just one step up, she followed willingly into the trailer and into her stall.  It is a nice big box stall, with a thick bed of shavings, a bucket of water and a good size pile of hay. Of course she grabbed a bite of hay first thing.
She is the only horse on this huge rig until their first stop in Kentucky she will be unloaded there for at least half a day before going on the rest of her trip to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment