Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Horse Fun

 I was sitting on my chair that faces the front yard reading when I glanced out the window to see a man with a gun run past. I opened the front door to see if he was yelling something like, "the British are coming" but all was quiet. After walking around the house I see the man standing at the lake staring into the bank with the gun pointed and figured out pretty quickly it must be David going after a muskrat.  I went over to the barn early as Berlica and Sarah were getting 4 horses ready for a trail ride. Today Berlica was taking out Joshua, Zion and Eden. Below they are getting ready to tack up.

Berlica rode Basilea, Joshua rode Missy, Eden rode Jewel and Zion rode Penny. Diane and I walked over to Joan's, she was just getting a bottle ready. She steps outside and calls then Faline comes out of the woods at a run.

Joan has an ear tag on her in hopes it will stop a hunter from shooting her this fall. If Faline survives it will be really neat to be able to identify her from all the other does that we see wandering the trails.As we were walking Mike arrived with his 4 wheeler taking Roseberry and Shadow around the farm.

Of course they stopped to say hello to Tessa and her filly.
The trail ride was a success. Sarah sent back the video.

After the trail ride Sarah gave them all some pointers on riding.
Zion got a lesson on Basilea.

We could see the storm coming from the West. The horses were put away and we all made it into the cars before the rain. The video below is of the clouds scurrying across the sky before the storm arrived.

This storm dumped an inch of rain in a couple hours. We had a little break but soon it started sprinkling and that kept up most of the day. We were really glad for the rain EXCEPT..the propane man came to hook up the propane and it was too muddy. Now we have to wait another week before we get propane.  Since it was raining I got all 3 books read that Iris gave me on Sunday. We left for church at 6:00 pm. Gregg Rumbold had the message on 1st John 2 click HERE if you would like to watch that.  After church we joined the group at Culvers for a late supper. Now it is time to sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment