I slept in until 6:00 am then stumbled into the kitchen for coffee. After downing a cup could go out to care for the horses. We didn't have a lot of food left in our house but found 3 eggs, plenty of tomatoes out on the vine, some link sausage and a loaf of left over honey wheat bread from vacation. One of my favorite meals is eggs, sausage and a vine ripened tomato, but the tomato has to be peeled as I don't care for the texture of the skin. We picked up Rhonda for church and made it there by 9:30 am. Kathy and Randy brought Nancy and she was so glad to see us as last Sunday we were gone. Craig Stickling had the morning message on Daniel. Click HERE if you would like to watch that. Caleb Plattner had the afternoon message on Genesis 38 Click HERE if you would like to watch that. As soon as I got home and changed I went straight to the farm house with replacement sheets and towels. The 2 families that shared it had left it nice but even though I didn't do any of the laundry there it took me almost 3 hours. It is just that every space still needed to be cleaned, the 2 bathroom showers wiped down the tub wiped out, the mirrors all cleaned and so on and so on. Mark helped a bit by running the garbage over to the dumpster and the laundry over to our house. Rhonda brought over a couple of chicken plates to decorate the kitchen and pointed out that the kitchen door needing cleaning both inside and outside. Mark brought the tesla over to charge right after church and planned on picking it up before the next guests arrived but by the time he remembered they were already here. Thankfully they didn't park behind the tesla so he could drive it home without disturbing him. The house was finished just before 3:00 pm and right then the guests arrived. When I got back to our house I decide I was going to have to change the cleaning fee from $90.00 to $125.00 It just took longer than expected with so many extra rooms. I started on the laundry here. Sarah arrived with Zion. They had arranged for Zion to ride with Berlica today. They were pretty pleased when they made it back from the death trails although Berlica reported that Sally fell on the trails at the new culvert creek crossing.
Day to day operation of a Friesian breeding farm standing 2 Friesian stallions. We have 6-10 foals each year out of Purebred Friesian mares, Andalusian mares, Thoroughbred mares and Friesian sport mares by Judy Sceggel 309-208-3840 www.horsemeister.com
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Company Clean-up
Phil and Anna brought company today to play sand volleyball outside on the playground. The kids had a good time first playing a game then jumping on the trampolines then back to Volley ball. After a while they all headed down to the lake and swam before dinner. They had pizza, fruit, chips and dessert out on the deck. Berlica came riding on Jewel with a friend on Rosalie right through the group at the lake.
Mark and I joined the group sitting on the chairs.
Joan brought Nancy over, Spark and Rhonda came with some of their grandchildren, Mike and Diane came, Rebekah and Brian, Kari and Brett and just like that the beach was full. We stayed and visited until it was time to take Nancy home to Morton but first had to take her over to Joan's to get her bag and give her her pills. We got home about 8:45 pm and I have been doing laundry ever since stepping in the door. Tomorrow I'll have so much more as both the barn and the foaling apartment guests leave. That is lots of company clean-up work. All three of the airbnb's guests were here for the ledgestone disk tournament. I am thankful they chose to stay with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment