Tuesday, August 1, 2023

More Progress

Pickles the cat slept outside our door again. I'm not sure if our old cat is running her out of the barn or she just wants to be with people that badly that she will sleep outside. I think I'll try to move the cat bed from the barn into the garage so she at least has some protection. I just don't want an inside cat. The church newsletter called The Connected was emailed out and we got it this morning. I checked to see if the pig roast was published and it was but when I read it I started laughing.  When I wrote to Elisabeth, the person who puts together the Connected,  about the pig roast I used the words Meister compound to describe where it was to be held. Mark told me to take compound out as that is just not a suitable word to use for our little neighborhood. The words were changed to Meister recreation area but the wording on the connected said it was to be held at the Meister compound. Of course Mark had to be shown the connected and we both laughed.  I took the golf cart to mom's before the walk this morning with some French vanilla cream for Aunt Jinnie's coffee. She was up but had not yet had her coffee so got it there just in time. The cheese cake, blueberries, my purse and the empty study box was put in mom's wheel chair van for the trip to Berean all before our walk. On the walk we stopped to admire the surprise lilies that popped up in Diane's hosta area. 


Mom even had some pop out in an unexpected place.
I didn't go home after the walk but went right into mom's so we could start loading the van. Diane and Aunt Jinnie came with us to the Berean office. We had a great time volunteering there. If you would like to read about our work there click HERE. On the way home we stopped at Sam's Club so I could pick up a few needed items for the Thursday meal at the barn. Once back to mom's Diane stayed and served lunch there but I needed to go home to put groceries away. This afternoon I stopped in at the barn to check out the progress from this morning. Anna found the perfect rug for the bedroom but now we need to find a matching bedspread for that king size bed. The one on the bed she got for free but it just doesn't match.

Phil was working on the air conditioner and got the outside unit set.
The master bathroom vanity was wired in, the mirrors hung and the lights installed.

Sarah gave Anna some toys and books for the kids area.

We need to find just one more chair for that area. 
Mike and Diane took Evan out and let him have free time in the round pen. Phil and Anna's girls played here after supper while their parents worked. They ended up at Berlica's house and worked on cleaning out the playhouse, then coming here for supper and some foam to cut into cushions. Below I am taking them back to the playhouse on the golf cart.
They were pretty thrilled with the foam.
















No comments:

Post a Comment