Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Oxtail Soup

 Mark wanted to make one of his green shakes this morning but we had no ice. Thankfully we have snow on the ground. He scooped up some and brought it inside.  He added an avocado first.

Next comes the spinach leaves then romaine lettuce, lemon juice, a sprig of mint and a little bit of Stevia (sweetener) and he then grinds it all up. He says it is his liquid salad. I call it green slime and found it to be quite distasteful. Thankfully I don't have to drink it.  This morning Karin didn't send the text to come over until 8:00 am.  Mom had a good night, woke up once at 6:00 am then fell asleep and slept until 8:00 am.  She was still in bed when I arrived and wanted a shower this morning. This was the first time I've helped with that as usually it is Karin or Ruth (the experienced help) giving the showers. Mom has to keep training all of us unexperienced help.  We do a lot of laughing each day and today was no different. Breakfast was after 9:00 am.  Anna arrived around 11:30, we decided as mom had a late breakfast lunch would be at 1:00 pm.  I took off driving to the Aldi in Pekin to pick up the ingredients for haystacks to serve for Sunday's meal and on the way home picked up Greek Gyro's for our lunch. When I got back  Rachel was at mom's helping Anna with mom's exercises. Mom had a good day today and was able to pull herself up from the wheel chair to standing by using the stair railing and she was able to stand on her own each time for minutes not seconds. After lunch we played a game then Rachel and Anna left for home.  Rhonda and Spark relieved me for the evening.  Mark and I went to church tonight. Mike Kaisner had the message. As soon as I got home I needed to brown the oxtail and get that boiling. That was just now put in the crock pot.  Tomorrow morning the meat can be deboned, the bones pitched while the meat and broth will be chilled until I have some free time on Friday to make a big pot of soup. Right now the house smells delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment