Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Gallons of Soup

 Mom and I left early from the walk so we could drop her car off at Peoria Tire and Vulcanizing to the the oil changed and the tires all checked out.  From there we drove to the Berean office. My camera battery was dead so used the phone for a few pictures for that blog. If you would like to see them click HERE. After dropping mom off to pick up her car I drove to Aldi to pick up tomato juice for mom and bought more food for the weekend. On the way out of that lot a FedX truck came out of the Walmart parking lot and quickly scooted in front of me to try to make the light only the driver didn't make the light and I bumped into him when he slammed on his brakes.  There was no damage done to either car but because it is a company van the driver had to call the police and we had to wait for someone to arrive. Amy happened to drive by saw us and stopped but when all was well she went on her way stopped at the same stop light and someone ran right into her car.  I was standing in the parking lot of the gas station on the other side of the road and just threw up my hands, "what in the world!" No one was hurt on that accident either. The police arrived shortly after Amy left, saw there was no damage, told the FedX driver he could not write up an incident report as there was no damage. The way he put it, in a crash there must be damage and there is no damage. The officer gave me his card then gave the Fed X driver his card and we were both on the way home. On the way home from there stopped at the Bartonville post office to drop off the Bibles.  When I got home I started a big pot of creamy chicken and wild rice soup. That was done at 4:00 pm and left to cool while mom and I drove to Morton, IL to pick up Nancy for dinner tonight.  Nancy was thrilled to show us her Olympic medals. 

We stopped at Kathy's for a tour of her wonderful new house then on to Cracker Barrel for dinner. We enjoyed a leisurely dinner. It was nice being waited on. From there we drove to Walmart where I picked up a new coffee maker for the camper. Nancy got a new notebook and mom bought some decaf instant coffee and some dishes for Anni. We didn't get home until after 7:00 pm. The soup was cool enough to divide up. Diane picked up some, I dropped off some for mom then took a gallon over to Joan's house. She had lots of company and the company brought a spicy African soup and Joan made Haitian Pumpkin soup for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment