Monday, June 7, 2021

Galena's Appointment

 It was raining this morning during our walk time. Joan used the canoe and paddled over to mom's while applying dye to the lake then joined Ruth, Diane, mom and I inside at mom's. At 7:50 am Mark needed a ride to Zane's to pick up his car and as soon as I got back from that I grabbed a halter for Galena, hooked up the 2 horse trailer and left for Middle Grove hoping it was not raining there. It was just lightly sprinkling when I arrived and the ground was dry enough that I could drive right in and up to the round pen. The horses were almost all inside the round pen napping with just Galena and Rosaleigh standing outside. Irish was first to see the truck and trailer and came right out to greet me followed by her colt then Mayberry and Jewel's 2020 filly.


Irish's colt is such a sweet heart. He loves attention from people and followed me everywhere. Mayberry was a little stand-offish and that is why Mike keeps a break a way halter on her. She will stand still if we are holding the halter and let me check her over. Jewel's filly would stick her nose in the halter if I asked. She also let me check her all over.  The next job was to check udders. As Indy was standing in the middle I went right to her first.  
She is due July 15th and is not bagged up. I took a few pictures of Rosalie's filly for her owner.
Above Rosalie is making sure Sally is not bothering her filly. Sally loves this filly and hangs around her. Below the filly is grooming Indy while Rosalie looks on. The filly is doing very well in the herd. 
She obviously tromps into the lake for a drink as her front legs are muddy.
Next I went out to check Rosaleigh's udder and found that she is very bagged up. She is due July 4th but I didn't feel comfortable leaving her and only brought one halter which was Galena's. Galena was haltered, loaded and tied and I used the lead rope wrapped around Rosaleigh's neck to lead her into the trailer then took off for home. The trail riders were here getting horses out for a trail ride. Karin helped get a halter on Rosaleigh then put her in the middle paddock while I shut the trailer door, got in the truck and headed for Hoerr Vet clinic.  We arrived there, blood was drawn, I paid the bill and was on my way home within minutes. When I got back the trail riders were getting ready to take the riding horses back to the cabin field. They were taken 4 at a time with the golf cart and Karin took the other 2 with her car. Below is Mika, Ripper, Missy and Oksana. Ripper looks brown as he had just had a good roll in the sand of the indoor arena. 
Faith and Mackenson came over with mowers and got the mowing done today.

After everyone left I started teasing. Hadassah and Tatiana are now out.  Soul, Lola and Jury all said no also so right now we have none in. Lily, Soul, Hadassah, and Tatiana hopefully all settled while Lola was not covered on her foal heat and I'm teasing Lola and Jury for the second heat. Madiera and Jewel are not yet in their foal heat. This evening I worked on the vacation pictures.
Above and below are tanks and tanks of trout, the kids were all given quarters to buy fish food and were having fun feeding them.
Below we are loading up to head to the trails.
Below mom is toasting bread for breakfast.
Ellie and Faith were our fire builders. That is Israel playing ball behind.
If you would like to see the rest of the pictures of the trip click HERE
Below is a short video of some of our activities.

Mark got home and worked on weed whacking while I was working on pictures. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment