Thursday, June 24, 2021

4 For 4

 Rain was threatening but didn't start until after our walk. We did one round with mom, who made it half way to Joan's all of mine and all of Diane's before heading inside. The second round was to take Joan home. By the time I got home Taunya and Abe were here. As today is Taunya's birthday Abe and I went to Dollar General so Abe could pick out a birthday gift for his mom. First though we looked at cards and Abe found the perfect card. It had a dog on the front and he said his mom likes dogs so he thought we should buy 2 of them. I talked him into just the 1 card then started looking for the 'gift'. BTW the card was for a man, inside it made some kind of reference to the what a swell GUY he was.  Abe saw some tiny little cups and right away said, "my mom NEEDS these." and the next thing he found were cheeto's he wanted to buy 2 bags of those as he was sure that they were his mom's favorites. We finished out the shopping with some party favors then went home to wrap the presents. As soon as Taunya took a break Abe brought her the gifts.  We had to laugh. Below Abe is playing with the tiny cups he was sure his mom needed.

Dr. Hoerr was scheduled for morning but ended up coming around noon. It was pouring down rain by that time so I got pretty wet bringing in the mares.  Jury was sonagrammed first and we are thrilled to announce she is pregnant due May 11th, 2022.
The sire of this foal is Valiant. Hadassah was sonagrammed next and she too was declared pregnant. 
Hadassah was bred to Evan and is due May 15th, 2022. Tatiana was the next mare. She too is pregnant. and the sire is Valiant.
I saved the best for last. Our amazing Lily at 19 years old also settled and is actually due on her 20th birthday May 4th, 2022
BUT I can just about guarantee that this foal will be born in April as she always delivers early. The sire of this foal is Valiant. Dr. Hoerr left and I went back to the house to try to wait out the rain and get the laundry done. With so much rain and mud we are using a lot of clothes. I made myself some lunch and started cutting off pieces for Emma. A habit from the last 18 years of having a dog.  Around 1:00 pm I decide to load the mares and foals up to take to Middle Grove. The rain had slowed way down. The 4 horse trailer was parked in the indoor arena and Hadassah and her filly loaded first. I was pleased her filly jumped right in behind her. Tatiana and her filly were next and again the filly was great at following and climbing in the trailer. Jury's colt on the other hand decided he was going to run back to Soul and Lola's fillies instead of climbing in with his mom. I had to back Jury out, shut the side door to the barn to stop him from escaping then try again. The second time he still didn't get in so Jury was tied inside the trailer and I went out to encourage the colt to get in. He ran around the arena for a few minutes while Jury called frantically and finally got close to the back of the trailer. I pushed, he jumped and he made it. The doors were shut and right then and there I decided to just put Lily and her filly back outside instead of opening those doors again. I drove to Middle Grove, took one mare and one foal out each time until all 6 were out of the trailer and into the field. They were thrilled to be out on that lush grass and all dropped their heads and started grazing.
I snapped the picture above with my phone as they started heading up to find the rest of the herd. The rain started back up before I got back inside the truck. This is a nice gentle soaking rain and the fields are exploding with growth. This evening Mark and I worked on pulling old equipment out of the back garage for the scrapper. He arrived just as Pam, Mike, and Diane brought over a 91 year old man for a tour of the horses. I explained about the horses while Mark helped load equipment on to the scrapper's trailer.
He is actually going to come back tomorrow evening for more so we are doing well at getting rid of 'stuff'. After he left we came inside, I was finishing up the laundry and dropped a hanger and Mark remarked, "that sounded like Emma."  It is going to take a few days to realize she isn't here. 2 more bookings came in for the apartment, both in July. 











No comments:

Post a Comment