Sunday, February 22, 2009

phone calls

This morning it is 18 degrees outside and windy but at least there is no new snow. I got the weanling foals watered and checked halters. I needed to remove Belle's but Jewell's was fine. Both girls come as soon as they see me and were good. We have Belle here until she is picked up by her new owner from New York. when Belle leaves we will bring in Chiquite's colt and Autumn's colt for weaning. Jewell can teach them some manners. Those boys are best buds, it would be wonderful if I could sell them to the same owner. (anyone interested make me an offer)
The first phone call I took today was someone wanting to buy Raven for the listed price of $750.00. I very patiently told him that Raven is not for sale, he is for stud. After much discussion I thought I had explained our operation very thoroughly when he said, "I just have one more question, What do you mean by for stud?"
I think he now understands. The next phone call was for Joy. Joy belongs to Ruth Davidovics and as she is a Raven daughter we have her placed on our website. I gave her, the lady interested, both of Ruth's numbers. Then I had 2 emails on Joy. I sure hope one of them buys her so people can start looking at what we have available. Joy is really adorable, The first time my daughter saw her she told Ruth, awwww she should be called Snuggles. Some days I spend more time selling Raven's sons and daughters that belong to our customers than our own horses, but I guess that is what sells the stud fees. My last phone call today was for Samantha. I am so torn about selling her. Samantha and Sanna were imported together when they were 18 months old. They have never been separated and they are so content together. They will be 20 this year, How can I do this? I know with this economy I should jump at the chance to sell her. I'm praying that there will be another way and somehow they can stay together.

No comments:

Post a Comment