Friday, February 27, 2009

Our Farrier

Our farrier, Tyler Joos, was scheduled at the Hanna City farm for the 11 horses we have there today at 11:00am. Tyler is always so prompt that I always plan on being there an hour early. Today I barely had time to get the mud off. It's days like today after an inch of rain that I wonder if we really want all these feathers on our horses. Ribbon was the most important to get done as she is scheduled for the horse fair March 6th, 7th and 8th. Her feathers are so thick and curly that I wanted a hair dryer. I went through almost half my towels on her. The other 2 that are hard to get the mud out of are Sanna and Ylse. Samantha and Jenis are bad but not as bad as the first three. Raven is the easiest to keep clean of the Friesians because he doesn't LIKE to get muddy. Don't get me wrong, he likes to roll as much as the others but most of the time he picks a good spot. Tyler was pleased they were ready and waiting and he made great time. He is also going to be down at the fair giving horse shoeing demonstrations. He is probably going the be the best farrier in the central IL area. I'm so glad he is ours.
We made an appointment for Dr. Hoerr to come out on March 12th, for 2 sonagrams, Clara the Tennessee Walker and Ribbon our vaulting horse. Clara also needs her coggins drawn and Bella, Rachel Sauder's filly needs a health paper drawn as she is leaving for New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment