We had a cool morning and obviously the lake water was warmer than the air around it. At first the entire lake had mist coming off but by breakfast time just one area. It was so strange that I left breakfast and went out on the deck to get a video.
With everything rented I could spend the morning reading. Today I read in Psalms, the last few chapters in Matthew of the last supper, the crucifixion and the resurrection then flipped to Luke to read his writing on the same. Oh what an amazing God we serve! That He would do that for us. At 10:00 am I had to quit, we had someone coming at 11:00 am to look at Dancer and Dancer needed to be groomed. She was waiting at the gate but had no halter. That meant I had to search for one that would fit her and that took a while. She was just left loose in the yard while I worked on removing burrs out of her forelock, mane and tail then used the curry, hard brush and was using the soft finishing brush when Rhoda arrived. She tied Dancer and cleaned out all 4 hooves.
Rhoda put all of her tack on the golf cart.
I left then to move the water tank we had been using out by the round pen. That needed to be hosed out before hauling it into the stall. Braelyn arrived about then with 2 helpers to clean the foaling apartment. The guests moved out around 10:00 am and the next family was moving after noon. While I was working on the tank two ladies from Elgin, IL arrived to check out Dancer. Rhoda took Dancer to the outdoor arena first to show the person interested in buying her Dancer's movement.
From there they moved to the round pen where Rhoda saddled Dancer and rode her first. Then the interested buyer rode her and finally the other lady that came with her also took a turn. The other lady owns a Raven son out of a Thoroughbred mare that is now 22 years old. She loves him and they are hoping for another sweet Horsemeister horse. Dancer was perfect the entire time. She really does love attention. Katherine is going to call to arrange ppe. By the time they left it was almost 1:00 pm. Mark and I drove to the church to start organizing for tomorrow. Rhoda, Lee, Iris, Zeke and Zion came to help. The kids helped get the tables set then even helped with making wraps. We made ham and cheddar cheese wraps along with turkey and provolone, all together we made 160 wraps.
Mark started slicing the croissants. We have 160 of those. There are also platters of just the ham, turkey, and 2 kinds of cheese if someone doesn't want a wrap. I also have about 30 pounds of chicken salad. I'll have a big bowl on each serving line right after the croissants so people can make their own chicken salad sandwich, but I also brought forks if someone wants it without bread. By the time we finished with everything washed and put away and all the food put back in the fridge it was after 3:00 pm.
Mike and Diane met the owners of Cabo, an Evan son born in 2025 at the County Market in Farmington and took them out to Middle Grove. That place really is a horse paradise. With all the rain and cool weather the grass is thick and so green. Oliver heard the truck and came running first with the herd following. All of the horses were so friendly the owner of Cabo stated, "You could charge for this horse therapy." We need to remember our blessings as we take Middle Grove for granted. It is amazing to see this big herd of LARGE gorgeous horses galloping free out on fields with no fences in sight.
The video below was taken last year, we were dropping off 3 mares and their foals and picking up a Holly but she wasn't tied very well and she took off running dragging her lead rope.




No comments:
Post a Comment