Thursday, August 11, 2022

Eat Your Own

 We had another beautiful cool morning for our walk. On the dam road Joan went ahead of us to knock down spider webs.

We had to laugh when someone remarked but those spiders worked so hard all night on them.  Our airbnb renter staying in the 5th wheel sent a message he would be needing more water so Mark went out to fill the fresh water tank and while there also emptied the gray and black water tanks.  After the walk I went to Middle Grove to pick up Indy and her colt. The colt has some tendon contractions on his front legs. I called Hoerr vet clinic to see if I could bring him in but Dr. Hoerr is out for this week. They will let me know what day they can come next week. A few pictures were taken of the other foals before loading Indy and colt.
Below is Tatiana's colt.
Irish's colt is pictured below.
Below is Lily and her filly.
A better picture of Lily's filly
Tatiana's colt
Dancer followed us down to the trailer. She was standing in a sunbeam before heading back up the hill to the herd.
After putting Indy and her colt in with Oksana and Jury I left for Sam's club to pick up some food for tonight's dinner at mom's house and 2 cases of water for the 5th wheel renter, then to the Berean office to pick up studies left there on Tuesday. From there down to the shop so Amanda could take the studies to her mom's house where Linda H from Roanoke would pick them up. Amy called to say she was coming over as I was driving to the office so once I dropped off the groceries and water I headed over to mom's house. Amy and Ruth were helping mom get up to walk.  That didn't go very well. That left leg just doesn't want to move forward. Amy noticed a king fisher sitting on the pole of the sail boat.
When Karin arrived she gave Amy some pointers on her mare Belle.  It has been 4 weeks since Amy's accident with Belle so she was glad for any input.  I headed home to start making dinner. Mark grilled those little potatoes that had been drizzled with olive oil then lightly sprinkled with parsley garlic salt, then grilled the steak. Faith was busy mowing as Mark was grilling. 
 I defrosted 12 jumbo shrimp and while I was making the carrots, Mark boiled them for 2 minutes then peeled them. The shrimp sauce was made and we were on our way to mom's arriving a couple minutes after 5:00 pm.  After dinner we were having our cheese cake for dessert and I reached over to help get some on mom's fork. She looked over at mine and said, "eat your own cheese cake, then started laughing at my expression.  I just happened to video the response.
AC Central was checked and David's message on Psalm 110 was now up. IF you would like to watch click HERE.







No comments:

Post a Comment