Friday, April 29, 2022

Colorful Birds and Flowers

 I had to head out early again. Unfortunately Rosalie is still in and was covered by Evan.  Lily was not showing so I must have missed her foal heat OR she was just too worried about her foal to relax, either way Valiant wouldn't even approach her.  Smart stallion, Lily is SO bossy.  Instead I covered Soul who is quite in with Valiant. Soul throws hair and Valiant throws height so we would like to try this combination.  At 7:15 I met Diane at the dumpster and we got almost to Joan's when mom called ready to get up and get dressed.  Today was a 12 hour shift at mom's but we kept busy. Right after breakfast we sat out for a bit on the balcony watching the birds. 



We went back in as it was a little too cool. Mom mentioned it was time to put the wren bird house out so that was taken outside and hung in the flowering crab. I hadn't even walked inside when a pair of birds came to check it out.
They weren't wrens so could not fit in the door and soon moved on searching for another good spot to build a nest..
After hanging that I noticed the tulips were blooming beautifully along with other flowers including the flowering crab tree.





We had a quiet afternoon. This evening Mark picked up food from Avanti's for our dinner and after dinner Diane and Rachel came over so we could play games. Mom wanted to go to her recliner to watch the eagle cam. When we finished the games it was almost bed time and I walked over to mom and found candy thrown all over the floor.  Molly was sleeping on mom's wheelchair and mom decided to try to wake her up by throwing candy at her.  I was shocked and mom was laughing at my expression.  My first thought was 'who ARE you and what have you DONE with my MOTHER?'  She laughed all the harder.  She just complained about her aim and that is why she kept trying until the bowl was emptied.  We really do have a good time!   I left just before 8:00 pm and drove right up to the barn to check on Tatiana. She still has no waxing so was left out.  Then at 8:45 I happened to check the weather and strong storms are expected tonight. I walked up to bring her into the barn and our airbnb guests had just arrived so showed them where the storm shelter was.  We had a good visit, Tatiana was put in the indoor and now I'm ready for bed. 







No comments:

Post a Comment