Sunday, September 26, 2021

Irish's Colt Sold

Morning came quickly even when one goes to bed at 6:30 pm.  Although I was up twice during the night checking my phone for updates on mom. At 5:30 am I left for the hospital to relieve Diane. When I got to the parking lot my phone was not in my purse. I was pretty sure I had put it in my purse when I got in the car but it just wasn't there. When I got to mom's room Diane was just waking up. Mom didn't have a bad night but when she woke up she wanted to eat and drink. I was able to get a cup of ice and could swab her mouth with that as we waited for the speech therapist to come. She arrived at 7:00 am but did not approve mom to go off NPO as she felt mom was still not swallowing correctly. At that point I asked mom if she would consider a temporary feeding tube and mom asked if they were uncomfortable. As I didn't have my phone we weren't able to listen to church this morning until Spark, Rhonda and Aunt Jinnie arrived. They were able to use Spark's phone and bring up Peoria church on Facebook live. David was having the message on Psalm 46 (one of my favorites) The best refuge Psalm.  I left and made it home just in time to get a phone call from Barb and Tony who were on speaker phone with mom's doctor. Spark, Rhonda and Aunt Jinnie were all listening to both doctors discuss mom and they all came to the conclusion mom needs nutrition and they asked her then would she accept a temporary feeding tube. Mom asked,  "How much does it cost?"  Of course that wasn't an issue and then she replied, "it really seems like a waste that I won't be able to taste the food."  Dan asked her, "Do you really WANT to taste hospital food?" but then she wanted to know if she would feel full. Tony assured her that even if she can't taste the food she would not feel hungry.  NOW to just get that job done.  She is on the schedule for the first available.  This afternoon we had operation puppy smuggle.  

Ruth and Ryan brought Molly to the hospital. That was one happy dog and one smiling mom.
We had to be careful that Molly wouldn't scratch mom but mom sure enjoyed petting her.
The puppy smuggle operation was a success and she was smuggled back out without any problem.  As mom is now down for surgery to put in the temporary feeding tube they decided to move her out of the therapy floor up to a critical care floor on the 3rd floor. Her new room is 3426 and she was moved there tonight.  The nurse on that floor told Diane that no one can stay past 9:00 pm. I'm not sure exactly how but Diane was bold and firm and the next thing we hear they brought a cot up for Rachel who is spending the night tonight. Don't mess with Diane!                                                                                My afternoon was busy. As soon as I got home from the hospital the ground beef was browned and the crock pot lasagna started then the brownies mixed up and put in the oven. We were missing Ben and Taunya's family tonight as they were having company and Sarah and Nolan's family as they are on their way to Gulf Shores. After dinner David discovered that his keys had been locked in the car.  Mark got his handy dandy car break in kit and David was able to use that to unlock the car.
Everyone headed over to the playground for volley ball except me as the person coming to look at Irish's colt sent the text they were just a few minutes out.  The colt was brought out, the people liked him and put down a substantial deposit.

They live up by Chicago and would like him delivered. I took down his address and told him would get a quote from Nolan IF Nolan wants to do the job. By the time I got to the playground it was getting late. There was lots of people to visit with and the kids had so much fun playing. The evening weather was perfect.


We stayed until someone turned the volley ball lights off then it was pitch dark so headed home.  Hopefully tomorrow mom will no longer be hungry and will start to get her strength back.





No comments:

Post a Comment