Thursday, May 27, 2021

First Time Together

I got out to the barn early this morning to move the mares out of the stalls. We had a cool night and both of the new fillies are doing great. It was cool this morning, we almost needed a sweat shirt on the walk. After the walk the stalls were cleaned then I left for Aldi to do a major shopping buying food for this weekends cookout. Once home 5 pounds of ground beef were browned and 3 pounds of sausage for a big pan of chili. While working on the chili I downloaded the message from church last night. David spoke on Psalm 37.

We had a storm roll through with lightning and thunder but not much rain. When that was over I heard horses neighing, looked out the door and saw Sangria. Sangria was supposed to be at the cabin field so I jumped on the golf cart to go catch her and she came running up the drive bringing Oksana and Ripper with her. Sangria ran in the field where we are building the barn so the gate was shut then Oksana and Ripper taken back to the cabin field. The gate there was shut and locked so I'm not sure how they got out. Lily and her filly were put in with Sangria. These two mares have been together since Lily was a year old and Sangria 2 years old. They settled right down to graze.

Hadassah and her filly by Evan were let out in the field behind their paddock then Tatiana and her filly by Valiant were put in with them. Both mares were careful not to let their fillies get too close to each other. This was the first time the fillies have seen each other.


I had to stay and watch and they both had fun running. Tatiana's filly took off galloping around her mom over and over. The video function was turned on camera for a short video. She is only 2 days old but wow does she like to run.
IF you would like to see the rest of the pictures of the 2 fillies click HERE. The man coming to rent the trailer was on his way so I went to Joan's to get the trailer hitch ready for him. He didn't read the instructions correct and ended up at Rachel's house. When we finally got to Joan's he asked me if this place was some kind of campground. I took the golf cart over so he could follow me back to Joan's. The hitch was put on and we hooked up the trailer before going through everything on the paper work, I showed him where everything was and how to make it work.

He was happy with the trailer and left at 5:21 pm leaving me exactly 9 minutes to get home, change and be at mom's house for my ride to the shower for Tori and Adam. I started walking over, called Diane and she picked me up before picking up mom. The shower was very well attended and really nice. The ladies had a delicious supper for everyone before Tori and Adam started opening gifts. Around 7:40 pm I noticed dark clouds out the fellowship hall windows. The 2 fillies are much to young to be left out in the cold rain so I asked Diane and mom if they would mind leaving early. I got home in time to get everyone inside before the rain hit. Sangria was no longer in the field so went hunting for her and found her back in the cabin field. Hadassah and Tatiana and both of their foals are sharing the indoor arena tonight. Jewel is in the foaling stall on the monitor. She has been very restless but that may be from the sound of the rain pounding on the metal roof of the barn. The barn is insulated but the noise is still very loud.  Sarah posted pictures of Zion's recital since we didn't get to go watch.





Joan made it through the badlands. Heather posted these pictures of their trip.


Those are wild donkeys in the pictures below. They are so used to visitors that they will eat right out of your hand.

The motorhome is such a comfortable way to travel.

The trip is going well.



No comments:

Post a Comment