Thursday, April 9, 2020

Lola's Surprise

I got up at the usual time of 5:00 am and was shocked to find that Lola had given birth not too much before then. As it was only 39 degrees it was pretty important to get that foal dry and cleaned up and that took extra time as it was after 7:00 am by the time I made it back in the house to cook Mark's breakfast.  Lola's filly by Valiant is just BEAUTIFUL. She is stocky, very tall and very friendly but then she IS a Valiant baby.
I didn't post anything earlier as I wanted to surprise the walkers this morning and used the excuse of them checking out the new lighting in the stalls to surprise them.  We ALL had to admire this filly who looks as if she is a week old, not a few hours old. She is nursing well and Lola has dropped the placenta. I have them on the monitor and will need to head out soon to give Lola more hay. Another healthy foal and safe delivery. SO thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment