Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Sticker Shock

I had a quiet day and worked on the barn plans. I hope to build this barn in 2021 IF I can save enough. The other job accomplished was to go in to Peoria DMV and get the new sticker for the Chevy truck. Talk about sticker shock. To renew is now $151.00 PER vehicle.  That's because we happen to live in Illinois, you know the most corrupt state in the union. The lady taking my money was also complaining and mentioned that trailers went up $100.00.  I hope she isn't correct about that. In the mail today came another renewal notice for the Ford truck.  I'm ALMOST tempted to not buy the sticker, drop the insurance and just use the truck as a work truck here.  It is a 2003 and not worth much except when we need a second truck, which seems to happen pretty often.
We picked up mom for church this evening. She has two really BIG shiners, such black eyes that she looks like a raccoon.  She won't let me share a picture so just take my word, she looks like she was in a bar fight and lost.  She had a doctor appointment scheduled for today and was going to head over to the DMV to renew her drivers license but changed her mind when she looked in the mirror.
Mark took 116 to church and always turns on Farmington Rd then heads up Sterling to Forest Hill to Sheridan.  Tonight we were driving along on Farmington Rd at a pretty good clip when we saw lots of pretty flashing lights up ahead.  There must have been something really bad happen, the road was closed both directions and there were all kinds of vehicles with flashing lights including many cop cars and fire engines. There was a car behind us so for about 10 minutes we were stuck until the car behind us started backing up. We were able to turn around. I snapped the picture below as we were making a u turn headed back to 116 and took the interstate.
We still made it to church in time.  Greg Rumbold had the message.  We stayed quite late visiting afterwards.  When I got home there was a message from a lady interested in seeing a video of this mare under saddle:
I had to chuckle when I replied this is a stallion.  I then sent her a couple videos, one of Rhoda riding Evan during the 2016 IL Horse Fair and the other of Evan and Rhoda in the liberty class of that fair. They won that competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment