Friday, March 8, 2013

Long Morning

Mark started his van, climbed out of the van, shut the door, then came in to get a scraper for the ice on the windshield. When the ice was scraped off he went to get in the van only to find all the doors locked with the van still running. He actually has 5 sets of keys for this van, one in the van and the other 4 sets hanging in his office at Meisters in Peoria. Not using our thinking caps very well, I drove Mark in to Peoria, picked up the keys and back to the farm. The easier solution would have been for Mark to take my car in, grab the keys and come back but sometimes our minds don't work well before the coffee hits the brain cells. Once back I grabbed my phone stuck it in my pocket and joined Diane on the walk. We were heading back from Rhonda's when here comes Mark walking to meet us. His van was stuck in the snow, he tried to call only to hear my phone ringing from the ground. It had dropped out of my pocket when I bent down to put the ice tracks on my shoes. Mark, Diane and I hiked through the snowy fields to try to push the van out of the crunchy slippery snow but no luck. Mark had to bring the skid steer out, attached a chain and to pull the van out and onto the solid drive and only then was he able to head in to work. We are so ready for spring, snow is great for the fields but sure makes chores hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment