Pages

The Foaling Apartment

Saturday, August 1, 2026

Home to Work

 We were up at 5:00 am and had 2 pots of coffee going before the rest started waking up. Breakfast was served at 8:00 am and by 9:00 am the house was cleaned and we were all out. The managment company was sent the message to call in the cleaners. Sarah took her girls back to Silver Dollar City one more time but the rest just headed home. Our first stop was in Springfield, Missouri to charge up the car which was just an hour from where we were staying. Those chargers were at the Buc-cee's. 

The place was packed and as soon as we walked inside could smell those delicious brisket sandwiches. I hadn't brought my purse in so let Mark pick out something for us to eat (expecting him to buy brisket) but when we came to the car he had a chicken bacon wrap. It was still early so didn't really expect lunch but took a few bites of that and decided the taste wasn't worth the calories so wrapped my half back up. Our next charge was at a Casey's and this time it was after noon. I sure didn't want pizza but the only other offerings was a hot chicken sandwich with pickles or a cheeseburger. I chose the cheese burger. We ate that while waiting for the car to charge. It was bland and had no crunch at all as there were no onions or pickles. Mark had some then just decided to eat the other half of the wrap from Buc-cee's. About then Dr. Pallen sent the two pictures below stating Tessa's filly's wound looks much better.
All wrapped for at least another 3 days.
She and Molly came twice while I was gone to check the wound and rewrap the leg. Then Mike sent the picture below.
I sent Dr. Pallen the picture with a thank you, telling her I was afraid to see how bad the stalls would be when I get home tonight. She told Mike, doing stalls is relaxing, it helps me think.
Our last stop was at Culvers in East Peoria. We split a fish meal then finished our trip. It took a little over 9 hours. I got all of the unloading done, sat down to finish the book I started this morning when I realized, I have horses in stalls that need to be fed, watered and the stall cleaned. I finished that up at 9:00 pm. The farm house booked for tomorrow. The guests in there now have to be out by 10:00 am but I won't be able to start flipping it until after we get home from church. The people staying in the barn just asked if a few of them could stay another night. Since I'm not cooking dinner tomorrow for the family I told them yes. I forgot how busy things are around here with that very relaxing week off.

No comments:

Post a Comment